OUR YEAR AT A GLANCE
As Jackson Hole Therapeutic Riding Association prepares for the conclusion of its 22nd year, we would like to share a few highlights of 2015:
- 148 riders received valuable equine-assisted services from our PATH certified instructors.
- 72 riders were awarded full or partial scholarships to ride.
- 144 hours of Equine Facilitated Learning were provided to Teton School District students.
- 5 therapeutic horses were acquired with help from CFJH and Pegi & Kent Bernard.
- JHTRA hosted a Veteran ride for 16 of our country’s servicemen and women.
- Our riders were able to display their new and improved skills through five horse shows and events.
- JHTRA, in conjunction with the Wyoming Council for International Visitors, hosted a discussion on the global impacts of disability for 18 African delegates and other non-profit representatives.
- 9 adults from Aspire attended a 3-day intensive equine clinic, sponsored by Solera.
At Jackson Hole Therapeutic Riding Association we harness the unique bond between a horse and its rider to empower our students with confidence, strength, and independence. With limitless physical, psychological, and emotional benefits, therapeutic riding is a gift to everyone involved.
Jackson Hole Therapeutic Riding Association promotes healing with horses through equine assisted therapeutic and educational activities for people of all ages with disabilities, regardless of economic status. The Association encourages the natural relationship between horse and rider, which results in the rider's improved physical and emotional well being.