Thank you to our generous donors, compassionate volunteers, hard-working staff and board members, and priceless horses. 2014 was an extraordinary year of change and growth for Jackson Hole Therapeutic Riding Association. Our annual goals were not only met, but exceeded. These successes was made possible by each and every individual that selflessly donated their time, resources, and expertise to our organization. For that, we extend our sincerest thanks and invite you to join us is making 2015 an even more rewarding year for our riders. Together, let’s continue to improve the lives of children, adults and Veterans with special needs in Teton County.
137 Riders Served
2,041 Hours Equine-Assisted Activities, Therapy Services, and Therapy Sessions
Our Year at a Glance
As Jackson Hole Therapeutic Riding Association prepares for the conclusion of its 21st year, we would like to share a few highlights of 2014:
- 137 riders received valuable equine-assisted services from our PATH certified instructors.
- 75 riders were awarded scholarships to ride.
- 57 hours of Equine Learning were provided to Teton School District students.
- Two therapeutic horses were acquired.
- JHTRA hosted two Veteran rides to 20 of our country’s servicemen and women.
- Our riders were able to display their new and improved skills through five horse shows and events.
Thank you for making our program possible. We could not do any of this without your support!
At Jackson Hole Therapeutic Riding Association we harness the unique bond between a horse and its rider to empower our students with confidence, strength, and independence. With limitless physical, psychological, and emotional benefits, therapeutic riding is a gift to everyone involved.
Jackson Hole Therapeutic Riding Association promotes healing with horses through equine assisted therapeutic and educational activities for people of all ages with disabilities, regardless of economic status. The Association encourages the natural relationship between horse and rider, which results in the rider's improved physical and emotional well being.